Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Braces

Today is a big day for Aspen.  She is getting her braces off this morning.  It's going to be really weird seeing her slimy teeth.  Last time I saw them, they were all snaggled together. 

My hope is this would be the last of the braces.  But I have been assured by my friend that they will guarantee a phase two.  Lucky us!

I was fortunate to not have braces.  BUT, I did have issues with my teeth.  One of them wouldn't come in, so they had to remove it.  Surgically.  In a hospital.  And I remember the pain!!  AND....I still have a baby tooth in my mouth.

So, I didn't get off Scott free (where did that term ever come from?)
I also, had to wear glasses, because my vision was terrible.  But, thanks to Lasik, I have 20/20.

It amazes me all that can be done nowadays.  Back when my sister was younger, they pulled 10 teeth from her tiny little head.  TEN!

It doesn't seem like teeth would be a science, but when Avery came in to see the Ortho, he was adamant that she should have started her treatment a year earlier because of her "issue".  Then he told me "Research has found......."  Something unnerving about that sentence when it is in reference to one of your children!!!

It will be exciting to see Aspen without her braces.  I may go take her for a treat afterwards.  One of the Ortho offices (not ours) gives the kids a huge caramel apple stuck with bunches of candy on it as the "yay" award!

Having kids is not for wimpy or selfish people.  But it is kind of fun to see the fruits of your labor on their happy little faces.

Not sure how long Avery has to go. Her teeth look beautifully lined and ready to go.

Hopefully, they will wear their retainers and solidify all the money we spent.

.....ya....hopefully!

Happy Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment