Monday, September 26, 2011

Houston we've landed

My mom told me a story about how my grandma and grandpa flew from Pittsburgh to California to visit when we were younger.  If you know people from Pittsburgh...well, at least my family; they don't make the trip much at all....ever!

On the flight grandma was quiet the whole way, and as soon as the flight touched down in California, grandma let out with a "Thanks be to God!"

Every time my mom tells that story, we bust up laughing, because from what I remember, my grandma was a small quiet lady, with an Irish accent.  Not a whole lot to be said, but lets just say when I see Maureen O'hara, I think of Grandma!

Well, this morning I woke up, stood up...and didn't walk into any walls.....  So in the footsteps of my grandma I say, "Thanks be to God!"

Now, I'm still a little wobbly, but nothing like Friday night.  I had to hold on to someones shoulder to guide me.  I remember feeling it was the worst hangover ever, and I didn't even have the fun of the drink!

Though the doctor said I was the second vertigo of the day and he was certain it was a virus; I just wanted it to be gone.  It came on so fast, and in one fell swoop; wiped out my weekends events.
I was really scared and crying on Friday, because being so helpless and relying on others is a horrible thing to ask.

But a great thing to have!!!

I had planned a sleepover with Aspen and hoped to go see a movie with her and her friend, while Avery and I sat elsewhere in the theater for a girls night. 

Chris took them all for pizza and brought them home for a movie, while Julie picked me up to take me to urgent care and sat with me through the whole thing. 

Saturday, I was supposed to go to a 70th bday for Chris' dad and step mom, and Chris' brothers 42nd bday and step sis' bday celebration.  I haven't seen my brother in law in over a year. 

Chris picked up my mom and his mom and took everyone to the party, while I was in bed, sleeping.

Sunday, I had friends coming over to help me clean out the garage to set up my studio.

I spent the day in bed watching GLEE with my girls

Sunday night was a dance team meeting;

Chris made dinner for us and then went in my stead.

Though I wouldn't wish illness on anyone, I have said it before.  I'm grateful that, though I was down and out, I had many people to help me through this. 

My dad had vertigo.   My mom swears it was because he was smacked around by his parents to much as a child (not sure if she is joking on this one, but I suspect she is not). 

I remember hearing the term, and not knowing what it was.  NOW....I know!  I had it a year ago on Aspen's 10th bday.  She had 10 of her closest friends here, and I was out front with the cops telling them not to let the ambulance come, I was fine (I made the mistake of calling 911 cuz I thought I was having a stroke!).  There is something very eery about having all your faculties one second and then losing your balance for no reason the next!!!

There is no cure for vertigo, and no prediction of when it will occur.    It is an inner ear disturbance that will rock your world.  Literally!!!

I'm thankful that it is subsiding.  But I'm more thankful for the support and well wishes of all the awesome people in my life!!!
Thank you for letting me be a whiney baby!! I will return the favor, I promise!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment