Monday, December 26, 2011

Waves 2 and 3

Last blog cut short due to technical difficulties

Wave two of Christmas, Avery up at 6:30, claiming she waited since 5am to wake us up.  Swore she saw Rudolph's nose in the middle of the  night, I'm sure she was dreaming, but how cute is her anticipation!

We ambled down the stairs groggy and let the kids have their way.  Paper flying every where, squeals of delight.....and then silence......

Trash everywhere, it look like Christmas exploded in our house.  After they were done, they took inventory and noted a couple of items they were hoping for but didn't get.  I reminded them that though their requests go to Santa, mom and dad always have Veto Power!!  And though I love them; a MacBook air and Iphone 4 would go to Mommy and Daddy first and eventually trickle down to the kids in years to come......

Oy vey......

Afternoon brought us to our sister in laws house.  We met with the Cunningham side of the family.  It was nice to sit and chat.  Many we don't see, accept for this time of year.  Sadly, it feels like yesterday when I saw them.  (I say sadly, because the year went so fast).

Soon, Cerina sits behind the piles of presents.  All you can see is her head peaking out as she calls the names for her sons to deliver each gift.  It takes a while as there are so many.  It's almost overwhelming....  I am reminded how very generous the Cunninghams are.  At times I feel ashamed and undeserving as I open gifts that I could never embellish on myself.

The girls are giddy with delight....more pajamas...  We could have a pajama party all year long and you may never see the same pair twice!  And they are loving it!  We love being comfy/cozy in our house.  Sleep stuff (including pillows and down blankets) are our very favorite thing!!!

When the gifts are done, we amble over to the food, which is secondary to the conversation and play.  The girls are giddy playing with Uncle Scott as their E-ticket ride.  I never get tired of watching him play with them. 

Old friends come and join the party and as I look around, my heart is happy.  It's so nice to come together with people you love and appreciate.  For that, I love this time of year!

For the bills that come there after.....I do not!!!

Next to come.....gearing up for the New Year celebrations!!!!
Hugs to all....and to all a good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment