Monday, December 12, 2011

Holiday Crunch

So it's that time!   I went to place an order for pictures and the "flags" are coming up that to guarantee my delivery for Christmas, I will have to "up" my shipping to Fedex.  And the next flag shows that Fedex isn't guaranteeing 1 day shipping, it may take two! 

We still have almost 2 weeks to Christmas......wow!

Now is crunch time.  It's the time when you have the "Oh SNAP, I forgot this person" and you scramble to buy them something, only the things you find are out of stock, or just "not right" for them.

It's not even the 20th, and the "holiday" is starting to bear down like pressure from a mortgage payment.

It's not that I mind gifting people.  If I had millions, I would share it with the world.  I'd give my gardener the most, because he works so hard and I respect all he's done for us!

I would gift teachers a vacation each; wherever they wanted.  They work with my kids to help them grow!

I would probably not gift the mailman so much, because he keeps losing my mail.  But that's another blog.

My point is, I have no problem gifting.  For me, right now, to enjoy the season more, I would have the time to slow down and enjoy it more.  Time to craft fun things and spend time with my family.

As it is, I had to send Chris with the girls to get a tree without me, because we are never all together.  I came home from my event, and there it was....all picked out....and he didn't even take a picture of them picking it! (ouch).

I had to have an efficient friend (Julie of course) come to help us decorate it.  And as much as we talk about seeing the lights on the houses, we haven't found the time to do that either.  Literally, driving by in a car will take more time than we have right now....

Does this all sound very Christmas-y to you?

I'm enjoying the season as much as I can.  It's all just going a bit too fast for me.

Hopefully things will slow down a bit in a few days and we can breathe. 

Hopefully......

Happy Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment