Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Fallacies of normal

Last night I was watching a show about parenting. I heard an 18 year old girl say, "I didn't have a normal childhood. I had to grow up fast."

I was stopped in my tracks, because I wondered where the kid in the world is who had that 'normal' childhood. And I found myself wanting to interview them and ask what a normal childhood looks like. What does it smell like, sound like and feel like?

For all the people I have talked to in my life about their childhood, something was amiss.

And where did this theory of a 'normal' childhood come from?

I believe life is one thing; a series of scars and victories. Some have more scars, some have more victories. But there IS NO NORMAL!!

What we are is our normal. And how we learn to adapt is our normal.

But there is no story that we should all be living by and we are all missing the mark. We are a series of a million variables put together in an individual story that is called our life!

So, please.....let go of the notion that someone has it better than you. They simply have it different than you. We are all normal. In our own twisted little ways!

Peace Out
And happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment