Sunday, December 18, 2011

The cost of a cup of Coffee

Well I'm just now sitting down with my inaugural cup of coffee, thanks to the Ingenious company "Mr. Coffee".

I started out my day, weighing in at Weight Watchers.  Always a member and still at goal after 3 years.  Yay me!

I dragged Avery along (Aspen was offered/didn't want to go) since we didn't have any milk or any cereal (see earlier posts on cereal....but only if you want to.)

I needed a few things, so we stopped at Target.  Their prices are always more palatable (pun intended) when it comes to buying many grocery items.  And, thankfully, they have a Starbucks there (cuz now, I'm starting to lag).

As I am in line to check out, I ask Avery to go get my coffee (Skinny Caramel Latte).  To which she happily obliges.  Then she comes back and asks if she can get a drink too.

Now, the ONLY reason I need a coffee, is because there was no milk at home to make a Latte, so I was willing to fork over  a few bucks for myself, because it's a need, not a want (this is what I tell myself anyway).  But looking at Avery, who's asking for another drink (and another $3-$5) I stop myself.  I don't want to waste money on a foofoo drink that she won't finish, but I don't know how to tell her NO!  And then it hits me that I needed to get another espresso machine, because mine just died.

So, I back out of line and go shopping for my espresso machine.  It's going to be the 3rd one I have.  They have been lasting about 2 years each, and at a cost of a few pennies a day times 2 years for a unit that costs $40, I'm saving myself about ($4 avg/starbucks times 2 years $2920 not including tips) TWO THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED AND EIGHTY DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!

So, when I go back to where the Mr. Coffees are, I see they have an upgraded model, normally $80 for $60, only $20 more than my original and it his extra functions.  So I buy it!
Not only did I save myself $10 between me and Avery this morning, I saved an extra $20 on a newer and upgraded model!

So I come up and start brewing up a cup, and Chris walks in looking a little envious. Now his lips are smackin' for what I got brewin!  I throw in some sugar free caramel syrup and froth it up and add it to the coffee and hand it over to him.  He was delightfully surprised!!

Now, I'm not saying that Starbucks isn't worth it.  But I AM saying my Mr. Coffee totally IS worth it!!!
Just something to think about.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment