Saturday, December 31, 2011

Here it goes.....

I never look forward to time passing.  Because once it's gone - it's gone.

And at least with today, I know what I have!!!

I remember many years ago, when Aspen was getting more mobile, and making my life crazy.  It was hard to watch her and I never felt like I had "Me time".  (I didn't EVER, but whatever).  I remember my sister saying, "I know this time seems so hard, but it goes quickly and then it moves on to something else.  Enjoy ever second!"   And.....she was right.  Because here I sit now, with a 9 and 11 year old, sometimes wishing I had more kids, but realizing that time of my life has passed!  It makes me sad!

So, now as 2011 comes to a close and 2012 is right around the corner, I find myself reflecting back.  It wasn't a bad year.  It was busy....but not bad!!  Things actually started looking up.  After 11 years, I got a new car (and a new car payment).  I can now drive without worrying whether my car will make it somewhere, or if I'll have to drive it backwards through Target because the Tranny just went out! ( true story).

Chris' job started taking off.  He's seeing some real momentum, and it looks like there will be actual payoff soon!!!  We can start throwing dirt into the hole that we have been living in and start climbing out.

The girls completed their first year of dance team; and their self-esteem has grown because of it. 

I have reconnected with friends thanks to our slightly adjusted schedules this year.  It's been great to actually sit down and chat instead of running to pick up and dashing out the door.

We've taken a few short trips and had a fantastic time. 

So, looking back, I'm thankful for this year.  We have all been healthy and we are all still together.  And....dare I say, we actually like each other!!  How nice.

I will take 2012 day by day.  But I will always be thankful for 2011.  Another year gone...but not forgotten.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment