Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tech-not-ogy

I have never been a huge techie. I learn what I need to know and the rest just confuses me so I let it go.

When I got the Iphone, it was the most forward move I made. Slowly, I became one of those annoying people who can't talk to someone without texting and being rude, AND justifying it.

A few months ago, I had to replace a lost iPhone, and it has not been the same. It freezes on me, the apps don't work the same, I lost contacts and I have become increasingly frustrated. So I mostly use it to call....and being that it is AT&T....well you can guess how well THAT works most of the time.

Similarly, my iPad hasn't been all it's cracked up to be either.

So I have been backing off technology.

Most people will troubleshoot and figure out the problem. For me, it is just another thing on my list that I don't have time for.

My computer has been the most reliable device (a PC thank you), and so I check in on that. Only, in the most recent months or so, I have hit the wall with technology. My computer -for leisure- has become a little less appealing.

My attention has been directed more towards spending time with the kids. And I have been enjoying it a lot more. I realize that for every minute they stare at the back of my head, the more I miss opportunities to get to know them.

Though I realize I need technology for work, and to stay connected, I am constantly reminded of technological limitations. Most of them mine, true....but nonetheless. Staying connected physically, will always supersede staying connected electronically.

Happy Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment