Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas in waves....

Second wave of Christmas is over.  2 out of 3 done.  Last night started with Christmas eve, the mom's the best friend, Chris' brother and girlfriend (can we call her a fiance yet it's been a million years) and neighbors and friends.  Dinner was AMAZING!  Surf and Turf.  Surf was Monkfish Thermador.  It's like lobster in a cream sauce - to DIE for.  And the Turf was beef tips.   Fantastic cuts of meat that are a kin to filet mignon (that's what I tell myself anyway!)

I started the night with a fun idea.  I found Fascinator (hat type hair bands) and I figured we ladies could all wear them to the dinner table.  Everyone chose one and it turned out perfect.


It was awesome having 10 people sitting at our table.  Dinner was great, but table football (turned into from the custom made by Aspen and Avery Place cards) was the best!!  It tooks us all back to being kids again.  Everyone was trying to flick the triangle into someone elses "goal".  The grandmas (my mom and Chris' mom) were unaware of this game.  Somehow during the raising of the children, they checked out. 

But it was fun to watch everyone revert!

Next we went onto the presents; or shall I saw Wave 1!  My children are nothing short of spoiled. 

 
I gave Aspen my old camera (20d) and she was giddy.  I wasn't sure she would like it, but was pleasantly surprised!  She is always assisting me so I was excited to pass it down.    Chris surprised us with matching Steelers jerseys......#88 Lynn Swann!!!  I was shocked!!! 

For all the girls I had Mommy n me aprons made. I got them a few cooking items and figured it would be the perfect addition. Each one is unique but all match.

There was so much paper flying, I didn't know what to do with myself.  Avery could barely conceal her joy as she opened each new present, gave it a quick acknowledgement and moved on to the next.  Aspen was a bit more contemplative, taking the time to thank everyone for the presents she got.

I was very thankful for everyone to to come together, but it was especially nice having Chris' brother and girlfriend over.  When they get together, they are out of control.  The play off each other and it's hard to stop laughing.

We went in the studio to snap a few pictures of Lonell with the boys. The end result was about what I expected.
  

Still, we had fun!

Once again, my attempts at adding pictures didn't turn out like I had hoped, but you get the idea!

Here is wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment