Saturday, December 17, 2011

Parental issues.....

I'm super excited for the nights events, but I gotta say, the morning requires things to get done first, and I'm finding myself sitting in my office hiding from the tension of the house below me. 

Nothing goes down easy here and it's getting a bit frustrating.

I totally see the movement from overly attentive parent to completely removed parent.  Parents get too tired to listen to the argument and it becomes much easier to walk away and hide.  (much like I'm doing now!)

I just had a conversation with my husband, and though he has good ideas, he doesn't necessarily put them in to play.....consistently.

And neither do I!

I have made some stupid mistakes with my photography business; someones picture in someone else's order.  And I realize that I'm just trying to get things done.

So to add an argument or debate with my child is the last thing I want to do. 

So.....how do you get done what needs to get done without an argument or debate????

I have one child who will begrudgingly oblige....and another who will fight me to the death.

As consistency isn't my strong point, I think I'm standing on sand here.

I'm not asking for advice, because it likely won't work, because it will require consistency which I don't have.  I am merely venting my frustrations as a parent, because I'm tired!!!

My dad used to walk around the house saying the same thing and I used to get so frustrated with him.  But now I get it on a grand scale.  Things my parents used to say come flooding forward in sheets and waves.

I wish I had understood this when I was a kid.

But I guess we aren't meant to.  We start as blanks sheets of paper and we write on and get written on as we grow.  And we don't stop, until we die.

So, with that, I will take my frustrations and sift through them, trying to figure out the best course of action with the path of least resistance and get on with my day.

OR......go to my room and hide. 

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment