Wednesday, December 7, 2011

In honor of my friend

Got a message last night from a co-workers son.  His mom passed.  I was very sad.  I wasn't sure what to do.  Who's gonna make the call to my co-workers?   I got the message, should it be me?  Or should I pass it to my boss?  He has way better words in this situation than I do.  He also has all the contacts.   So, I made the call.

My heart sank.  She was a lovely woman.  Frail since I met her, but determined with all get out like no other.  I worked with her for a number of weeks as she was filling for someone else, and we had the most amazing conversations.  She was quite a bit older, so she had seen things.

She wasn't shy if you asked a question.  She gave it to you like it was.  But with a grain of salt.  The message in everything she said was, "Don't take it all too seriously!"

I hear this a lot from people who are up in years.  They have wisdom that I don't, so I'm bound to listen. 

I was having lunch with another co-worker, also "Grandma aged" and I said, "I'm so blessed.  I have the BEST friends of my life and everything feels perfect!"  and her response to me was simple and to the point, "Oh,honey....this too shall pass!"

I about choked on my lunch, because my first thought was "how RUDE!"  But as I looked at her face, I knew she was right. And she wasn't trying to be rude.  There are seasons to our lives and I'm in one of them!  She's in another!  I took her wisdom and appreciated where I was right then, because I knew it was temporary! 

I spoke to my other boss this morning.  She really gets life.   She's been bruised a few times and gotten up like a champion.  She doesn't mince words and I couldn't appreciate her more.  Her message to me is the same as it always is, "Hug your kids tight, every day and love every day you have!"  Again, wisdom!

I'm so sad to say good bye to my co-worker.  But she left her mark in my life.  She made a difference on some level to me and who I am.  For that I am grateful. 

If you want to know they kind of life you want to lead, write your own Eulogy and say what you would want said about your life.  Then live it that way!

I want my Eulogy to read that I was a true and genuine person.  That I loved and was loved.  That I made a difference in peoples lives, in a good way!

I know that my co-worker led a good life and I am proud of who she was!  I send my love and prayers to her family.  And a special prayer to my co-worker and friend!  You mattered!!!

Happy Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment