Monday, December 19, 2011

This and that

So my husband not only  slept downstairs last night, he brought all his stuff with him to get ready downstairs so I could sleep in!  What a guy!  It was so nice to wake up at 8:15 this morning and lull my way to breakfast and (fabulous) coffee!!!

Avery was already up and Aspen decided to slumber until 9:15 or so.
What a great way for my first day of vacation in a long time!!!

I have happy plans for the day, but I can't share them yet because they haven't been formed.  I just know that today will be all about fun and being together.

I have to find a Santa mailbox to take Avery to mail her letter.  She is adamant that we get this done, and to be honest, I thought it was handled yesterday.  Unfortunately, they didn't make it that far.  However, as Santa is magic, we are not too late!

Yesterday I went to see the Mission Viejo Dance's version of the Nutcracker.  It was wonderful.  Not only do I get to see a show that is visually appealing, I get to watch all of my favorite little dancers blossom before my eyes.  I know I ooze about them sometimes, but it's like they are an extension of my own kids.  I feel blessed to get to watch them grow and mature into fabulous dancers as well as caring and compassionate kids!!!

They did a fabulous job, and as usual, while taking pictures, I had to wipe my eyes a few times.  I don't know why I bother wearing makeup when I go to these things, because it usually ends up on the back of my hand!!!

After Nutcracker, I got to come home to getting ready for dinner.  Chris was making something of an asian decent.  Pork buns, noodles with beef, stir fry veggies...the house smelled yummy.

Mom and Julie came over and we (well, mostly Julie) put lights up in front of the house.  A little late, but still, it's something!  Only a week til Christmas, right???

Dinner was awesome as usual.  And it was a nice evening.  To me, this is Christmas every Sunday.  I get to have my favorite peeps a lovely dinner and some social time while relaxing. 

This week will be full of wrapping and finding presents buried long ago.  Usually I lose some and they end up resurfacing around March.  I believe one is floating around that is about 2 years old now.  Maybe some day that one will find its home.  But I'm sure by then, the necklace that is inside will be too juvenile for the child to whom it was intended.

But either way, this week will be fun.  Cuz I said so, that's why!!!

Hopefully, your week will be as joyful as it was meant to be!!!  Take time to count your blessings and enjoy every last second of it all!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment