Friday, December 30, 2011

Chunk it down and repeat....

As the year comes to a close, I start to think about things I aspired to do, but didn't quite achieve.  Yet another year is gone from my life that I won't get back.  Am I happy with where I am?  Or frustrated that I let another year get away from me and all I wanted to achieve!

Since about 2007 I have said every year, "This is gonna be THE year that every thing gets better!"  And every year right around this time I sit here and say, "Wow.....where did the time go????"


Organization is always at the top of my list.  And though I still have yet to achieve it, I think the greater success is, that I haven't given up trying!!!

It seems to me that every year falls short somehow.  Yet, for the most part, I wait until the end of the year to actually look at it!  What's up with that???

Well, this week I realized that I just didn't keep putting it all into play over and over until it became part of my life!!!  I would do something ONCE.....walk away, and hope it stayed that way!

But it's like the dishes.  Try as I might to keep that damn sink empty.....dishes keep popping up!  So I do them again and again and again! (Or invite those over who do them for me because we feed them!) :D

I have to remind myself that I have lost weight and kept it off, because I kept chipping away at it.  And I never quit.  So the same must happen for my aspirations of and organized life!  I WILL get there, if I keep putting small practices into play on a regular and consistent basis.

Losing weight was the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have done.  I maintain my weight by simply doing that which I trained myself to do over and over and over again and now it is part of my daily life!!!  (Working there to stay on target doesn't hurt, either!)

So, this year, as I write my "Aspirations", I will think more about the small ways I can achieve the overall goal.  My habit of leaving my car with whatever was in there just doesn't work.  Taking 2 seconds to grab everything (and make everyone else grab THEIR stuff helps too!)

 So far, my car is way cleaner than my van was!! 

I see it is possible.  I just have to keep my eye on the prize!!!  It's not an ALL or NOTHING thing.  It's a little at a time until it IS!!!!

Chunk it down!!!!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment