Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Bah Humbug

I'm not saying I'm a bah humbug....but I'm starting to feel that way.

We have officially exceeded our budget (on so many levels) and I'm not sure I'm done yet.  THIS is the part of the year that makes me crazy!

And I'm pretty certain it comes down to me not wanting my recipient to feel like I didn't care enough about them to get them something special!

I am literally projecting my thoughts onto another before it happens.  How do you like THAT!????

I got a gift yesterday from a member.  It was soap!  I loved it!  I was thought of and that is all that matters!  I don't care about the price; I care that someone took time enough out of their lives to put something together for me! 

And so I try to do the same for others!  But my projections are getting in the way of my budget and it needs to stop!!!

I have a friend who is super frugal and super crafty.  I totally envy her, so I try to be that way too.  Every year.  And then I realize that it is so much quicker to buy a gift and be done with it!

I have also tried making something to get it to be cheaper than buying it.  And in the end spent so much on the materials, that I exceed that budget too.

It's crazy making!  I'm not having much fun right now!

There are so many families in need and I haven't donated to any of them!  I suck!
And at this point I couldn't afford to!  I really suck!

Somehow I miss the mark every year with this holiday.  I don't think Jesus would be proud of me.

There is only one thing that I do love, and that is watching everyone else at Christmas mill about and open their gifts.  I love having everyone together.  It doesn't happen very often, and I take my time taking it all in as much as possible.

Next year I will write a mission statement for the holidays and stick to it.  I will let people know that is my mission and I will go from there.  I think if I have something to ground me that will help a lot!

Here is to hoping your Christmas week is coming together in a fruitful way!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment