Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Santa's Elves.....

The elves showed up this morning.....4 of them. 
Last night Avery put out a note, crackers and water.  Apparently this attracts the elves...and apparently it works.

The elves come to visit around this time every year and start stirring up mischief.  The only move when you don't see them.  You will leave the room and when you come back, they are somewhere else.

Sometimes they get into food containers.  Last year we found them hanging out of cereal boxes.  Thankfully they don't each much.

Last year, we only had two.  And when I came home from work one night, there were two little elves planted on the bushes outside, each carrying a gift for the girls.  I didn't realize they would all be back this year.

Avery wanted to take hers to school this morning.  I told her it was too early.  It's not even December first and I don't even know why they showed up early.  Her response was clear and concise:
"Note, Crackers, Water!  I TOLD you they would come!"

I couldn't argue with that, so I told her that she may take one of the smaller ones but she'd better protect it, because if it gets lost or goes missing, so do her presents from Santa.

I'm pretty sure the elf will make it home safely today.

I'm kind of glad they showed up.  I'm feeling a little cheerier today.  They are kind of cute little buggers.   I just hope they make sure to steer clear of the dogs.  As I have never actually seen them move,  I do know they can be slow.   At least a little slower than Kara.....which is slow enough.  We prayed for it as we sent it back to Santa's surgical center.  But we never saw it again....... :(

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment