Sunday, November 27, 2011

Accountable me.....

Bounced out of bed this morning and went to Weight Watchers to weigh in.

Why?

Because I got a note from my boss that I'm eeking out of my healthy weight range.  And as a requirement of my job, I need to stay on top of it! 
(I got this note the day before Thanksgiving!)  LOL

I wasn't mad when I saw it.  My bosses are all very nice.  I did need that little nudge, because this time of year, it's easy to let it get away from you.

I have had discussions with my husband on weight management.  He sees the choices I make, he lives with me, he was present as I lost every last of the 52lbs....yet his "approach" still differs from mine!

And as a result, he tends to go up a little/down a little.....all the time!

I can honestly say, since hitting goal in 2009, I have always kept my weight within 5 lbs of my goal weight.  I weigh myself regularly, and I know how to do damage control and bring it back in.

The note from my boss was a 'gentle' reminder to take care of me.  Something I had let go a bit of in the last few months.  It was that little voice in the back of my head that somehow came rushing forward all at once when I got his note.

I told some friends about it, (because I find it a little embarrassing and a little humorous) and I got some good tips for quick weight loss before weigh ins.  Some, I had heard before.

I know sports people go to extremes to "drop weight" before a weigh in, but again....I can speak honestly when I have NEVER done any of that!!!  (not that it didn't sound appealing at times...after all I am all about immediate gratification!)

Ever since I was a kid, the strongest thing I took was Dexatrim.   And it didn't work.  Because as with ANY diet aid, the bottles always read, "With proper diet and exercise......" 

And so when Phen-Fen came out, I didn't consider it.  Nothing before, and nothing after.   I knew I would only do it the right way....when I chose to do it.

Weight Watchers puts everything in your control.  It is up to the individual to put it to work.  And if you practice and practice and practice the principals over and over, they will become part of your life.  But you have to keep trying and never give up so it has time to start fitting into your life.  Then pretty soon it becomes your life.  But if you give up, it won't work.

Over the last two days, I was very good, and this morning I weighed in at goal (yay me).  And I didn't do any drastic measures to get there.  I just went back to what worked.

I was glad for my bosses note.  Someone out there is keeping me accountable.  And clearly, it wasn't me!  I'm feeling good this morning.  I always feel good when I make the right choices!

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment