Saturday, November 5, 2011

Here 'tis....

So it's called a daily tangent, which technically means I have until midnight to post.
So, I'm well with in my "daily" at this time, even though because of my timeliness, I have everyone trained to expect it first thing in the morning. 

And to be honest, to have it done early, sets the tone for my day.  And as you can probably guess, my tone is getting set a bit late.

Why, you ask?  Because I said so, that's why!!!

HAHAHA........

Actually, I woke up late and had a leisurely morning....for about an hour.  Then, all the stuff I 'didn't' do piled up on me like an albatross on my shoulders.

Two birthday parties, with no prepared gifts, a Sea World overnight trip that hasn't been packed for yet, and oh, did I mention, my daughter forgot to tell me she outgrew her walking shoes???  Can't exactly send her to Sea World wearing "Foms"  (or , fake TOMS as it were). 
Though she would happily wear them, the fact that they are nearly worn through AND it may be very cold tomorrow won't make for happy feet at the end of the day.

SOOOOOOO.......off we went in search of new shoes. 

That done, I picked up another child, delivered them both to their destination, only to come home and start preparing for party #2!  Getting gift ready, yadda yadda yadda.....

Oh...and lunch.  Must eat to keep up our strength.

I was told I was "lucky" because Chris and I will have a night to ourselves.   But alas it is only partially true.   He will have a night to himself, while I will be shooting a dance event by myself.  (making funny face as I write).

I was told I need to learn to say "No!" more often, but sometimes it is hard.  Easier said than done, I say.  So this is wear we learn to 'carve' a little time to ourselves.  Even though "ourselves" might mean myself and himself.

I have a stack of holiday/wedding/portrait orders that aren't going anywhere unless I touch them. So touch, I must.

And write....I just did!  The tone is now set and the gate is open.....out I go....like a horse at the races.

So, here to you all on this beautiful (yet chilly) Saturday.  If you have time to relax and carve some time for your self.....my hat is off to you!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment