Saturday, November 19, 2011

Go team

The stage is set. The lists are ready. The responsibilities doled out. The team is assembled and ready to go.

For what you ask?

To clean house!!

Earlier this week I enlisted the help of a friend to walk around and make a list of all the chores that need to be done, as this I'd a no brainer for her, she was eager to oblige.

Truth is, she knows me and my house so well, she hardly had to walk around the house to come up with over 60 items to clean. She made a list for every member of the house, and today she is coming over to supervise and put it all into play.

We have a four hour window, and at least 25 chores each to conquer in that time limit.

The goal is that this is the beginning of our housecleaning regimin.

This week we will implement the sticks.

My girlfriend took my idea and ran with it. She has a three story house and four children and two dogs. They had to let their cleaning people go and she was a bit stressed.

I mentioned my thoughts about making two cars and putting Popsicle sticks in the jars. The first jar is the "to do" jar, while the. Other is "completed". Each stick has a chore. The chores get picked, completed, and moved to the completed jar. And at the end of one or two weeks, they go back, and u start over.

Not only did she love the idea, she ran with it, and has put it in place. She has a jar for each child. One of her daughters was feeling very motivated and completed all eleven of her chores in one day. It is really working.

For us, we just need it clearly laid out. So we will be implementing this process into our lives.

It gives everyone direction as well as motivation, which is nice.

And though I can't yet say I am excited about all this; I am eager to have our team all together, ready to go, with one purpose in mind, and motivation behind us, as well as the support of the best friend ever.

It makes me wanna get team jerseys to up the ante!!!

But one step at a time.......

Happy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment