Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankful and grateful!!!

What  would you do if you were alone?  I mean totally alone, no friends or family to rely on?

This past week I have come across people who feel that way, and it makes me sad. 

This morning I had the opportunity to help someone in need; and though not a big sacrifice on my part - how nice that I could be on the other end of the line for this person!  And I know the favor would be  returned if the need ever arises!

In the past few weeks I have had many ups and downs (I know...total SHOCKER).  But for every situation, there was someone on the other end of the line for me. 

And in the past few weeks, I have been on the other end of the line for someone else.

I just can't imagine not having someone there.

I had someone tell me this week that every year they send gifts to their kids and grandkids; and not one of them returns with a thank you, let alone an acknowledgement.  Her face was so sad, it broke my heart.

This past week was Thanksgiving, and I assure you, I have taken much time to acknowledge how thankful I am for my friends and family.

I have said it a million times and I'll say it a million more; we NEED each other!!!  I see the value in that every single day!

I'm glad that I can be called upon.  And I'm thankful I can help!  No matter how small.  I am equally grateful that I can call upon so many.  I am truly blessed.

Please take time this week and realize how small acts can make big impacts!  To parents, children, family, and especially strangers.  Just a smile, sometimes, is all that is necessary!

Have a grateful week!
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment