Friday, November 18, 2011

Mobbed...and then what?

I just watched a video clip of a show called "Mobbed".  I have never seen it before, but basically, it is a show where the "mob" people like a flash mob.

In this particular episode, a girl was mobbed with a flashbob, followed by a wedding proposal followed by a wedding.  In TV time, it happened in a few minutes.

At first I was very emotional.  What a great wedding proposal.  I even got tears.  And then the fiance asks, "Do you want to get married right now??"  Well, I'm sorry; what is the girl supposed to say?  She is literally surrounded by thousands of people who just went through the effort of flashmobbing her and they are all staring at her.  Does she have the chance to say no?  NO!  So, she hesistates and looks around (still completely overwhelmed with all that just happened to her) and she sees her best friends coming towards her, already dressed in "bridesmaid" attire and she loses it again. ( Apparently flown in from Chicago). 

Bride to be says yes, everyone starts dancing again, they put a dress on her that looks like a tent, while she has mascara and eyeliner running down her face from all the crying....you're starting to lose me.....

In the end her parents and family was there and she ended up married......My tears have dried up.

I started getting filled with tons of thoughts and questions (welcome to my brain). 

Most of the fun in getting engaged (from what I can remember), is being able to personally share it with all your friends....in due time.  And then the fun is in planning the wedding and having the experience with the bridesmaids in choosing ugly dresses that they'll never wear again! (c'mon...we all have the best intentions).

And then planning the wedding; finding the venue, cutting the guest list, getting in fights, happy surprises, budget cuts, unexpected gifts, choosing the flowers, photographer, cake tasting........

This poor girl, though she got what she wanted....did she get it how she wanted it?

No doubt this was a grand gesture.  But my final questions are this......

How will she feel 'tomorrow' when she wakes up?

And
He shot his wad going out of the gate with the wedding...but for the rest of his life with her, how will he ever follow this one up?????

Think it through people...that's all I'm sayin!!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment