Friday, November 4, 2011

Balance again

Definitely feeling the effects of my busy weekend and week. I noticed it on Tuesday.

A few years ago, while suffering from anxiety, the doctor gave me a few different things to try to see if meds could bring me back to normal levels. As they have no idea, they basic throw stuff at you to see what sticks.

One of the meds I tried felt like it shut down a connection in my brain. It was like I had something to say, yet it never totally reached my mouth. When I conveyed that to him, he stopped that one and gave me something else.

And though I am on no medications now, I remember the feeling of that one medication and I almost feel like I am revisiting it.

Balance is so important. And when something goes out of balance, something has to give. And right now I think it is me.

The last few days I have felt the tension in my body, and doing my best to figure out a release. On Wednesday I snapped and decided to go for a run. It wasn't a long one, but I instantly felt a bit of a release.

Yesterday, in between three meetings and driving the kids to their appointments, I found a half hour two walk my dogs a few miles, and felt yet another release.

And though it is hard to carve out that time, I am realizing how necessary it is to my health and well being.

If people are going to keep pulling at me, I need to have something to give them to pull....or be able to pull back myself.

I have a friend who really inspired me to find just a tepee minutes here or there. I did discount it in the past. But after feeling the positive effects, I am a believer. And I am thankful for her inspiration.

Happy Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment