Thursday, November 3, 2011

Bold

Wow, I went to a friends last night to celebrate their party and when I came home, I was tired.  I saw that the alarm wasn't set and from across the room, I didn't care, so I decided I would chance it!

Not my best of ideas, but when I'm tired it is hard to get me to move.  Especially across the room when I'm already cozy in bed.

So now, here it is 7:23 and I'm just sitting down in front of my computer.

At one point last night, we got into a deep conversation about Facebook (you know; that place I will soon be posting this...the place many of us live to keep in touch?)

Well, they expressed their concerns about being tagged by other people.  If they don't want bad pictures to show up on the internet, there is almost no way to make this happen once it is on facebook.

Even the highest level of security doesn't matter on their part, because if I am the one posting family pictures of hers, she has no control over my world, so she can't touch them.

I told her that I got a little freaked out at one point because as I loaded pictures, it pre-determines who the subjects are based on facial recognition.   A little freaky don't you think?  Now it knows my face?

Not that I am paranoid so much, but one has to think at times; who bought facebook and where are they going with it?

They are making updates at record speed and there is still no one to be able to get ahold of there if you have questions.  Sounds like the government to me!  And if it is, how are they using this valuable resource?

I heard from a judge once that defendants have had Facebook work against them.  They were too stupid to realize that their partying pictures on facebook were found online and brought up in court.  No big deal unless you are fighting a DUI or drug conviction I suppose....

With all that said, I will post my blog, but likely be a little more cautious in the future about everything that I post.  My blog may soon have its own home; if I continue to write it.

It makes me sad that we have to be so paranoid or concerned at times but if we don't protect ourselves, then who will?

And as I sit here and write, and actually have much more to say, I need to go get changed and get ready for work.  They don't really care about my blog there....they care if I don't show up!

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment