Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weddings etc

6:20am.....I went to bed after midnite, so I guess I am looking at about 6 hours of sleep!  I have somewhere to be at 8 and didn't want to oversleep.  So I tossed and turned for the last few hours!  I hate that!  Ever happen to you?

The other day, Chris told me I flopped around a lot after 6am.  I do think I'm a morning person but sleep through it most of the time, so I don't know.  I do know that mornings are my favorite time of the day.

But as I shot a wedding yesterday and my body feels like it's been hit by a truck, 6am, is not my friend right now.  However, that said, once the brain is up, the body may as well follow!

The wedding was gorgeous.  The couple is my neighbor and his new bride.  He walked into my house one night as I was having a glass of wine with a friend and hired me on the spot.  He'd never seen my work before, so I was a bit nervous.  But I guess he had faith since he knows me. 

My first encounter with his fiance was not an ideal one.  I didn't know who she was, I just know I was coming home from a walk with my dogs and her little weiner dog came running across the street (off leash of course) at me and the dogs.  This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine, because, not only have I scraped dead dogs off the street (while 8 months pregnant), I have two dogs who are NOT friendly to others while on a leash.  As mine were ON a leash, and hers was not AND it was small, I feel like I'm watching an appetizer run towards me.  I had to practically HANG my dogs on their leashes while running them into my house away from this unknowing victim.

When she finally caught up with the dog, I tried to hide my irritation.  I made a slight note that her dog should be harnessed, and as she apologized, I softened a bit with a "Ya, my dogs get out too sometimes and it frustrates me".    As I am not one to hide my feelings well, I was hoping she wasn't aware of my disdain at the situation.

She was very sweet and probably the most adorable thing I have seen.  Not the best first introduction, but there was nothing I could do about it now.

After my "consultation" with my neighbor that night, we booked the engagement session.  This is where I get to see how the couple interacts and we all get to know each other.  This is a crucial part of the whole wedding photography package.  I would never want to go shoot a wedding "blind".  To me, the emotion comes from what I know of the couple.  And while I know him (my neighbor) and I have met her, it still tells me nothing about how they interact together.

We did the engagement session at the beach.  I could see that they were truly smitten with each other.  The more time I spend with her, the more I love her!  And I didn't realize that my neighbor is such a sweetheart and such a patient and caring man.  When we did a pose where he was laying on the sand and she on top, the water came up and soaked him.  Most men I know, would jump up and "dump their load".  However, he wouldn't dare move.  He took the hit and let her get off when the water was gone.  It was the cutest thing. He also seemed humored that he got soaked.  We all had a good laugh and I was getting way more acquainted with this lovely couple.

They chose a picture of him carrying her for their sign in board.  Super cute, fun and playful.

The wedding yesterday was great.  I walked in while she was getting her makeup done.  I love this moment as I can feel the nervous anticpation.  It's such a great honor to be part of a special day like this.

The boys of the groom go to school with my kids.  I adore these boys.  Twins that look NOTHING alike.  One is fair haired and average size, while the other nearly towers over me and he's a bit darker toned.  Sweet Sweet Sweet boys.  Did I mention Sweet??? 

They were the best men and gave the toast at the reception.  One of the boys started out his speech with, "I've known my dad a long time...."  He's 12.  So darned cute.  It was truly a great day. I am so glad these people found each other. 

The night ended around 11:30 and we were home near midnight.  I have the pictures downloaded and ready to be edited.  However,  as I have a new computer, and don't have all my stuff loaded, I'll have to post later.

As it is, I'm running late.  I guess it's a good thing I got up an hour earlier than I want.  However...I see a nap in my future.....

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment