Monday, August 22, 2011

Seal beach

Good morning. I am writing from Seal Beach, while lying on a cot. It is 6:30 and everyone is still asleep. I am using my phone to get the job done. Why, You ask? Because even though I brought my iPad, I am afraid to leave my spot for fear of waking everyone up.

The cot was great in theory, but every time I move it makes so much noise, I fear waking up the house. So I grabbed my closest utensil, and here I am!

It is our end of the year Girlscout party. We have a small troop and we rented out the girlscout house for a night so we could hang at the beach and celebrate.

We got here yesterday afternoon. The girls hadn't seen each other all summer. It has been very busy for all of us. Yet they got together as though it were yesterday.

It was so funny to see how they all changed and grew. All of a sudden, I saw the changes in Aspen as well. They are getting old. Maturing.

We waited for everyone to arrive. The girls instantly started chatting as though the party had begun. It was so nice to see them all together.

Once we were all here, we decided to go to the beach. The girlscout house is all of two blocks from the beach. How they arranged these houses is beyond me, but we are thankful.

The beach was really windy. I couldn't get warm, so I just sat and waited until it was time to leave. All the moms caught up on their summers and what activities we all did. One of the families spent three weeks on their boat in Catalina. Wow. Made my week in bass lake look anemic by comparison.

After a while, I wasn't the only one freezing. We had to rally two of the girls out of the water. One of them was Aspen. She spent her time there in the water the whole time floating like a buoy and getting pounded by the waves. I was really impressed.

After we came back to the house, we relaxed for a bit before heading to Ruby's on the pier. There is something unsettling to me about a building in the water- but whatever. It has been there a while and we haven't had any piers crashing down lately so......

After dinner we walked around the pier and in some of the shops. It was so fun to watch the girls hang together. This is our last hooray as troop 1206. As I write, they are all sleeping on the floor in their room. It is a huge room...and 4 sleeping bags all nestled in the middle. So cute. The house is so quiet. I am the only one up. (what is wrong with me?)

I think I will turn over and give it another go. We went to bed after midnight. I will be happy to squeeze in a few more zzzzzzs.

Happy Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment