Friday, August 5, 2011

One more ball...

It's so funny how things get squeezed in at the last minute. 

Though I have been busy, I was made busier by little things added that I wasn't expecting, or didn't allot for.  The problem is, one thing affects the next. 

I'm not the best time manager, but somehow I manage.   I rarely miss appointments (though it does happen) and I seem to get things done, so that is a good thing.

Take yesterday for example; I worked 3 meetings, walked the dogs 3 miles, went to the Apple store and completed a wedding contract with clients, after my work day.

Things that were  not on my schedule for yesterday until yesterday morning...??  Walk the dogs 3 miles, go to the Apple Store and Meeting with clients.

How did those things get added?  Let's dissect:
Everyone likes food; lets start with Apple.  My phone has been acting hokey.  I'll be on the phone with someone and it will call someone else, mid conversation.  Last I checked, this isn't normal.  So, I went in on Wednesday (my day off) to take care of it. Unfortunately, one needs an "appointment" to be looked at!  Whatever.  So, I make the appointment for Thursday (my busiest day). 

Dogs:  The stupid dogs have been driving the neighbors crazy, so I'm making it as much my goal as possible to walk the snot out of them so they won't bark.  Happy neighbors are way more important than my desire to actually "rest" between meetings.  So, with full makeup and hair mid afternoon in 85 degree weather, I took the little yappers and dragged them until they practically had to be carried home.

Wedding clients:  This was requested for Monday or Wednesday, but somehow, late Wednesday night, the email came to schedule the appointment for the following day (Thursday) after 7:30.  Which actually works perfect for me because my work day ends about 8:30.  So I popped on over after work.  I was tired, but we got the job done so all is well with the world! 

When shooting any event, it's so important to connect with your clients, be they friends or just clients you have never worked with before.  Knowing who they are and how they tick makes a big difference in how successful the shoot will go.  I am glad I got to squeeze them in to chat.  I'm very excited for their big day!!

Yesterday I went into one of my meetings and not one, but two of my members who follow me said that I am so busy, they don't know how I keep up the schedule.  But as moms, I'm sure they are just reflecting back to that wild time when they went through it. 

I think it is a phase of our lives.  As I get to meet so many fascinating people with what I do, I'm blessed to witness all these phases.  Some are relaxed and retired, some can barely get in and get out fast enough to move on to the next thing.  As a witness to life, I enjoy meeting and watching people, and even inquiring about their lives.  People are fascinating.  We all have a story.  It may be boring to us, but to someone else, it could be a fairytale life, or just a plain old tailspin.  But, we all are someone special. 

I have another busy day planned.  I work and in the last few days had a staff meeting and a photo shoot thrown into the mix for the day.  As well as finishing up a wedding DVD, laundry, cleaning and packing.    If I work super fast, I'll get it all done.  But I better move at the speed of light so nothing else can get added in. 

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment