Friday, August 19, 2011

Happy Friday

Today I get to drop the girls off at their dance teachers house so they can be taken to dance for cheer/hip hop camp. It wasn't planned. I got the day wrong. Does that surprise you?

Next week is the actual day, but being as this teacher is so easy going, she said, "Let's do both". So, now my girls are set up for the next two Fridays.

I so love my dance studio! I don't know another like it.
The girls came down dressed in their best, and they are ready to go. I don't think they would care if they had to stand there for four hours. They'd be happy. That is a good thing!!!

As for me, I am in the process of looking for a new car. I am not saying it is going to happen, but I am looking.

Last night I test drove the Mazda CX-9. Never even heard of it before yesterday. I had my eye set on the chevy Traverse. I really only want a functional car that seats 7 and gets good gas mileage. And...doesn't look like a minivan. However, I am finding my Minivan is pretty well equipped, so this might be a long haul.

Eleven years ago (no, I am not kidding), I saw my car on a car lot. It was used. But it was a Windstar. And I had been drawn to those at that time for some reason. So now, as I am at this random car lot, I see it sitting there, and it is gently used and fully loaded. Leather seats, back up sensors, two electronic doors, seats 7.....under 10k miles and best of all, a used price. I took it and never looked back.

And though it is still a good car and "only" has 127k on it (tranny swapped out at 77k....FORD), it has been our family car for 11 years and everything on it still works. But...I think it is time to consider giving it a new home. And me too.

I am very sentimental, so getting here was a long trip in itself. My husband HATES my car and reminds me every time his little tush hits my seat. His disdain offends me, but whatever.

Now, as I look around at new possibilities, I have to let go of my past and all that has happened in that car. We got it right after Aspen was born. There have been a lot of singing and a lot of travelling in that car.

And though it will be hard to let go, I think I am committing to moving forward. So this afternoon, I will broaden my search and see what I can come up with. If you have thoughts, email me. Otherwise ......wish me luck.

Happy Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment