Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Do or Die....

Have you ever had to do something you didn’t really want to do, but didn’t have a choice?  How did you get through it?

There are times I really have to “pull it out” of me when I’m not in the mood to do something.  Of course, I usually pull through, but with what amount of effort?  And how well, is the question!

My husband has a passion for music.  He hits it with a vengeance and never looks back.  I don’t think I have once heard him say, “I’m not in the mood to play” (guitar).

Not only does he play guitar, he know every possible thing about guitarists and bands and musical equipment and things I could really care less about.  He's truly amazing with it all!

He has passion for music.

His biggest hurdle is finding someone else, to be in a band with, who loves it and is as dedicated to it as he is!

I admire his passion.

Passion.

There is a lot to be said for it, and if you haven’t found yours, you need to keep looking.

I have a friend who has followed in the trade-footsteps of her parents.  She is excellent at what she does, but I do not see a passion there.  Though she executes her job perfectly, I and she is loved by all, I don’t think the burning fire is there for her trade.  It’s just something she does.

There is a huge difference between being good at something and doing it well, and being truly passionate about what you are doing.

All my life I have been drawn to masks.  I have no idea why.  Maybe it’s the fantasy, the drama, the fun….but it’s always been there.  When I saw the “Masquerade” seen in Phantom of the Opera, with all the costumes and masks, I studied all the different costumes over and over.  There is something that is so intriguing about that seen.  And the costumes and stage lighting in Burlesque threw me over the edge.  I finally realized how I can put my passions together.  All the pieces have been there all my life; my love for makeup, photography, fantasy, lighting…..it’s all coming together now.  Though it will take some time to actually come together, I feel like I found my direction.

I believe all the pieces of our lives are out there.  If you are lucky enough, you have found your passion.  But if you haven’t found it yet, don’t stop looking.  Start listening.  Listen to the skips in your heartbeat when you see something you love. 

Write it down. 

It doesn’t come with age, it comes with listening…..there’s a big difference.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment