Saturday, August 13, 2011

Home...

Home sweet home.

For the first time in a week, I can write on my own iPad with my own wireless network. I feel like I am back to business.

It took us 7 hours to get home yesterday, thanks to traffic. Gotta love LA.

I decided to have a date night with hubby, since I have a wedding to shoot today. So last night on our way home, the girls got to have a sleep over. And when I arrived home from our trip, it was just me.

We un packed the car and tried to figure out where to go for dinner. We always fall into the same rut. O wanted to do something different, but neither of us had an idea. So I unloaded my stuff and started to decompress.

They say that the two best days of vacation are the first day and the last day. I have to admit, there is great anticipation with both. It is nice to walk through your front door after a week of absence. My dogs look a little cuter. Is that weird?

For dinner, we ended up going to Opah in Aliso Viejo. I wasn't super hungry, so I was glad when Chris asked if we wanted to go with a few appetizers and a dessert. Everything was delicious. And it was so nice to have no distractions, and no kids asking, "Can we go? Are we done yet?"

An actual adult evening.

We caught up on the week. It was nice to hear how his week went without us. And he was amused at the week we had. It was the perfect ending to a great week.

And now it is back to the grind. I have a wedding starting at. 3:00.

A whole years worth of anticipation and planning is over 'like that'. But that is okay. O have great memories to look back on, and another year to anticipate the next.

It's all good.

Happy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment