Monday, August 22, 2011

Putting yourself out there

The problem with telling people your business is.....they know your business. Sometimes I am honest to a fault. I wish I could change it, but I don't want to. I am not false.

Not that I don't have false, or protected moments. But I find no gratification in lying.

Unfortunately, that means my filter is set on a very low level.

Filters are meant to protect you. Or give you "social graces" as it were. They are meant to keep you from blurting out your innermost thoughts and hurting people OR putting yourself "at risk" for judgement.

Again, my filters are too low.

I trust.

It is a strength and a weakness. But, I trust. I trust that people are good. And that they don't want to use my information against me.

But they do.

When this happens, my filters (or walls) get a little thicker.

Have you ever written a daily blog that puts it ALL out there for the world to see?

My filters are low.

I still want to believe that people will not use my "stuff" against me. But I know they do, and they will.

When someone says they read my blog; I feel naked for a moment. Exposed. Totally vulnerable. Wondering what they think.

They let on like it is great. But behind their eyes, I believe there is an ounce of fear and judgement. Because for some, it is SO "out there" that they don't understand. And that leaves me open for judgement and criticism.

But that's okay.

I am who I am. And I cannot change that. I love writing, and I love sharing. Because in the end, we are all the same. We are 'not sure'. And I truly believe that the more we all know that, then we can look at each other and all be 'okay'.

And 'okay' works for me. I think if we all felt 'okay', then we would judge less and love more.

So, my filters are low.

I'm 'okay' with that. You should be too!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment