Thursday, June 30, 2011

We have officially crashed.

I woke up this morning, sinuses flaring, eyes feeling puffy, head feeling like it doesn't want to leave my pillow. I don't blame it.

I went to my computer.....it has shut down. I can't start it, because, apparently my hard drives are too much for the little starter to turn it all on again, so I may have to call in my techie to help. Even my computer has had enough. I am sure my last download of over 2,000 images for the last show was a little more than it wanted to handle. I thought I heard it say 'uncle' last night, but as I was too tired to listen.....I just loaded it up and walked away. Poor thing.

Today I have three meetings. Not only do I have to suck up my complete depletion....I have to somehow bring it for the 90 members I will see throughout the day.

I have been shooting so much, I am not sure I remember how to conduct these meetings. It seriously feels like it has been that long. Ughhhh.....

Somehow, when I stand in front of the members, the energy starts flowing. I have found that I really respond to people. Once they are all in the room, I will be able to do what is necessary, and when the meeting convenes, you will inevitably find me on the floor trying to recover. When the last. Person goes out the door from each meeting....so will my energy.

Though Thursdays are my hardest day, they are usually my favorite. Something happens on this day that gets people talking and engaged. When people feel comfortable enough to talk in front of others.....that is really special. My Thursday people are very candid and open. It is great. It helps me forget that my body feels like it has been hit by a Mack truck, and that my computer is on strike (I am writing on my IPad).

There is no milk in the house. If you read my post yesterday....you probably assumed that I went and got some.....but my morning got away from me, and before I knew it, I had to leave the house and not come back until the evening hours. It must not have been a priority, because no one else thought to pick some up, and no one called me to grab it on the way home.

And with any luck, I will be gone for the day, when the angry mob gets up and wants cereal. (Like a criminal leaving the scene of a crime......)

If they are desperate enough, they will use the almond milk in the house. But I seriously doubt it. They would rather complain about what they don't have then try something they assume they won't like. Little buggers.....

Maybe I will get a call to pick some up on my way home today. And if I don't I will be too tired to remember I am sure. And if there isn't any for tomorrow's cereal ...... I work, so hopefully I will be gone once again, before the angry mob comes to complain.....work has it's benefits!

Happy Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment