Sunday, June 12, 2011

Life altering moments.....

Lost my phone.

You might as well cut off my left arm.

For over a year my husband talked to me about the Iphone.  I didn't want to be one of "those" people that stands in line at a grocery store and can't even make eye contact, because my head is so far up my phone, that I can't see the light of day.

A whole year...........

So...I finally gave in and emmersed myself in the I-phoria! (it's a term.  Look it up).
I loaded my facebook, most of my numbers, scrabble HD, Email, blood type, first born, - you name it!  However, not nearly as much stuff as other I-nerds. 

I got laughed at because I had so few apps.  People would talk to me about their apps and not understand why I don't have a million boxes to add every last app I had!  Simply put....my apps are few enough to cover a few pages without the need to group them up.  Sad, I know!

But...I still decided to use this as a.....ummm.......whatdoyoucallit?.....Oh...PHONE! 

Every time I missed an appointment, my husband would chastise me; "Why don't you just use your Iphone calendar?"  I love the word "Just" but we won't go there today.  I already blogged about that!

Once again, I yielded to his "sound" advice, and started adding all my events to my phone.  Day by day, becoming more dependent on it.  Even (ah-hem) texting while the car is running.  (Usually at a stop light, but still, shame on me).

One day I caught myself listening to a friend and having a conversation with her while looking at my phone.  Apparently I felt the need to check my email while we were conversing.  Because apparently, the email couldn't wait til the conversation was done. Boom.......just like that.  Sucked in to Iphoria.  I am now an I-shit!  AND....I justified it.

But today, I have been removed from I-shit-dom.  My phone has been lost at an event, where someone wasn't honest enough to return it.  My heart is broken by that, more than anything else!  Slowly, over the day, i realized all that I do not have anymore, because I put so much faith into this phone that I didn't have a backup system!  I still don't think I grasp the totality of what I am missing.   I just feel ..... well, empty.  But there is nothing I can do about that phone and all its stuff now.  I downloaded most of the pictures and video, but will not realize until I see something missing, which images didn't come home with me.  That is what I get for relying on one unit.  Lesson learned.

This morning, I stole my daughters phone from her.  I'm a lowly phone borrower.  I have no emoticons, I can't Hey-tell you, or return your text message. 

So, when you talk to me today, you will have my full attention.   I will have no distrations in my hands.  If you want to converse with me, I'll be the one looking a little lost.....feeling removed.....but ready for a hug.

Happy Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment