Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Plate shifting

Is it bad when you wake up in the morning and start rearranging your day, pushing things off your plate - before your foot hits the floor?

I got up this morning very reluctantly. 

I am in the middle of finishing a wedding invitation, ordering graduation pictures, editing a wedding, and preparing for a bridging ceremony for almost 15 girls (at 1pm), and cleaning my house (or hiding all the stuff), for 7 people to squeeze in to live for a month. 

My workout has already been dismissed for the day.  That is a precious hour on a short school day that I cannot afford.  Which is silly, because if I actually exercised, I would get everything done in half the time, I'm sure.  But today, I cannot take that chance.

When I look at my list (some of which is  not listed, because I am sworn to secrecy), I am literally brought to my knees. 

And as I write, one of my children (I'm not saying which) has fallen to the ground in complete despair over something, of which I am uncertain.  But....I can't deal with that right now.  As I tried to sleep in; she woke up on the wrong side of the bed and it's been at least 20 minutes of pure drama and screaming.

You're jealous.  I know.  I can feel it!

As I have precious little time to complete my tasks this morning, I am sure I will  show complete efficiency.  I'm good that way.  However, the hair on my head (which needs to be colored, thank you), is slowly falling out.  And the stress lines on my face are carving ever deeper by the day

(Oh how I wish I could show you the fit that is going on right now.  All it needs is a light show)

....did you feel that?  Tension in my back, creeping up to my neck.

Anyway, as this is just a tangent; that is what I do best.  I get nervous when people tell me they follow my blog, because my mind instantly tries to go back and figure out my most embarrassing post to see what they might have surmised from me.  But as they still continue to talk to me, I figure, I'm safe.  Because you have to admit; I really put it all out there. 

But then again, I don't really care.  I think we are all a little nutty on many levels, and the more we share, the more we realize we are all the same and I do believe there is comfort in that.

Or.....commiseration

But, who cares.  It is what it is.

On this day, I will look at my plate; do some shifting around; and if all goes well and fast; add a few things back on.   I'm not holding my breath, but at least I'm not rolling around on the floor freaking out like it's the end of the world.  So, I'm good.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment