Friday, June 17, 2011

100th Post! WOOHOOOO

Good morning,

Did you realize I have posted 99 times before this?  This is my 100th post.  AND...it comes on a very special day. 

This day is special for a number of reasons; first....my sister is coming.  She and her family will be living with us for a month, visiting from Norway.

Second....today is a day that a brain child of mine comes to life!  And I am reminded....if you believe....it can happen!

A few months ago I came up with an idea for my daughters 5th grade class.  A flash mob. 

My daughters are both in dance, so I know from experience how hard and long it can be to teach a bunch of kids a dance.  Let alone 50 of them.

As the months went on and my busy schedule overtook; it escaped me.  BUT....I did one very smart thing; I mentioned it to many moms.  Every answer was a resounding YES!

But again...time went on. 

This past weekend, I was driving home from dance (for the girls, not me) and one of the moms called me to ask about it.  I panicked.  Now it's only a week, and I have nothing choreographed (never even choreographed before) and I wasn't prepared.

Well.....this was the RIGHT mom.  Because she made it happen.

I went home Sunday night and choreographed with the help of my husband, best friend, daughter and daughters friend.

By Monday, we had 50 5th graders lining the front of this mom's house.  I couldn't believe the participation we got in 24 short hours.  Boys included!

After our first 3 hour practice; they were doing the dance!  I had tears of joy!

We decided to have one more practice to make sure we got down all the details, and when the kids did their first run through, I was shocked.  Apparently, they had been practicing.

We went through it a few more times, talked about safety, to make sure kids who weren't aware wouldn't get hurt; what to wear, etc.....and let me just say; listenening to these kids; watching these kids, I could not have been more proud!  They are excited and ready to bring it!

This morning is our unveiling.  I'm filled with nervous anticipation.  I'm hoping the parents and children alike will join in this dance - as it is a celebration of belief.  Dramatic yes...but that is how I feel.

I had a thought.  I had a doubt.  I had people to make my doubts go away.   I had children to bring my thought to life.

Will post the video link tomorrow. 

Happy 100th posting, and thank you for being apart of my journey and my life and my crazy mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment