Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hustle and Bustle

I came home late last night from shooting recital.  It was a long day.  I had been at the theater since 1pm and it was now closing in on 9:30 when I got home.  I walked through the door to find my "California" nephew had joined our household for a few days.  So when I walked in the house, there were two towering young gentlemen in my kitchen preparing dinner for themselves.  My kitchen is small.  With two 17 year old boys, and two tubs of carnitas on the stove, there wasn't much wiggle room.

I was feeling stressed, because I have a lot of organizing to do.  Being at the dance studio all day has sent my anxiety level on high.  To walk into a bustling house after a long day.....let's just say people were "at risk" from my wrath if they ruffled my feathers the wrong way. 

As I walked into the kitchen, my nephew Mikael asks me to smile.  I give him an emphatic NO!  Then.....he turns on the charm.  He says, "Come on...smile!"   I say, "I don't feel like smiling right now" as I walk past him.  Then he says, (in a tone covered in butter),  "I think you can smile....." (or something like that...his tone is what got me more than anything else).  I looked over at him...... his head was down, his eyes were looking at me, and he had this shit-eatin' grin on his face.......that I couldn't deny!  He actually got a chuckle out of me!  How nice to have someone work so hard just to make you feel better.

My "little" nephew broke through my stress of the day and I couldn't help but feel so happy that he was here.  I went over and gave him a big hug and he did what not a lot of 17 year old boys would do....he squeezed me really hard in a very nice hug that I totally needed!!!  God, I love him!!!

After I de-stressed from that, my niece hit me up for information on how to work her new camera.  She was so excited, but didn't know what all the knobs were for, so we played around with it a bit, and I could feel the excitement oozing from her with her new purchase.  She will definitely have a lot of fun shooting and taking video.  Super happy for her.

I chatted a bit with my sis and brother in law, then headed upstairs to download images.

My sister came upstairs to talk with me.  She sat on the couch, while I worked.  I'm so glad these people are accepting of the fact that I am - for the most part - unavailable to them during their visit.  I am sad, but this is my commitment and I do what is required of me. 

So to have her and her family chase me down, wherever I am in the house, just to spend time with me, means a lot.

As we chatted about life and whatnots.....my younger nephew comes up to use "the bed" (aka, the couch my sister is sitting on).  I told him I still have work to do, and he says fine!  He hunkers down on his bed and my sister leaves and I'm left to catch up on what needs to be completed this night.

I know I will get to spend a little time with my family, but not nearly as much as I would like.  My husband has spent more time with them than me, and that is a bummer.  For me....not him.

However, I don't need to worry about them.  They are most resourceful and have plenty to do while they are here.  With 5 children, there isn't much time to be bored, that's for sure!  Someone always has something in mind to do.

So, with that, I will post my blog (my brother in law has already poked his head in to say good morning to me), edit my images and hopefully spend a few minutes with my sister before I am back at the studio.  And when I come home tonite, they will be here to chase me down just to get me to smile!  I love the hustle and bustle.  I love these people!!!!

Happy Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment