Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wrong side? Or wrongly accused

It would appear that I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

It would appear that from the folks in my family....

But I actually just woke up with a to do list in my head. It's trash day, and I need to collect trash around the house. I want to make sure it all goes out, because many times it doesn't. That is not a bad mood thing......it's just a 'to do' thing.

For some reason, my mood tends to set the tone of the house. Because as my husband assumed I was in a bad mood, he snapped into defensive mode, and at that point I realized it's best to just say nothing and keep my head down.

My house has a lot of stuff that needs done, and sometimes it gets to the feeling that it is literally crawling on me and I need to 'get it off'.

As that mood doesn't strike very often, I gotta jump on it when it does!

As I was having breakfast, I reminded my little one that she has girlscouts. She had to finish her girlscout homework, and when I asked where here sash was, all hell broke loose.

(back story here.....she is missing one of her insignia patches, because when I went to iron it on, it melted. You would have though I shot our dog, she was that upset. To date...still no patch)

She started yelling at me at how I ruined her sash and she wasn't going to wear it. I therefore gave her permission to deal with her own sash and all her own patches so she has no one to blame.

I further told her that I was offended and she hurt my feelings. She apologized at a level 8, which I didn't totally accept. And then I noticed she didn't brush her teeth again.....

Suffice it to say, our house will only be filled with fruits and vegetables for her dining delight. I am not playing this game anymore with the teeth. (Serena....your words are haunting me sooner than I thought).

Choose your battles they say. My battle with the sash is over. It is her job now.

My battle with the teeth....that's another story.

Maybe I did get up on the wrong side of the bed.......

Happy Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment