Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sinus Shminus.....

It's hard to formulate thoughts, when you have a bunch of snot pressing up against your brain!  Yes...I said it!

But I always have something on my mind, which makes it easy to write.  Usually I just sit and start writing and things pop into my head.

Today....it's snot! 

LOL
I'm cracking myself up over here.

Aspen is home "sick" today.  I don't like leaving a middle schooler home, because the work just seems to pile up, but I will have her do her homework regardless.....

She started coughing the minute I got up.  I let everyone sleep in....because I myself didn't want to budge.

There are just some mornings you get to pull the "mom card" and use it.  If I had my choice, I would send her to school and use it on a healthy day and take them to Disneyland.  But it's funny how that just hasn't happened.

This time of year, many people are sick.  I know the flu is going around, and thankfully, we haven't caught it.  Which is interesting, because we are all in contact with so many people a day, there are a million chances to get sick.  I encountered 100ppl yesterday at work alone and at least 100 more at the dance studio.

I have an assignment next week to take pictures for dance, so I took my camera last night to get a few sample shots for lighting purposes.

It's hard to walk into a space with a camera and a bunch of students who know who you are and what you do (or in this case, are about to do).

The teacher quickly told the kids to pay no attention to me, and then did his best to carry on with class.  The class was a tap class.  And it's a good thing this guy has a loud voice, because with all the little feet that can't keep still on a wood floor....let's just say your voice needs to carry.

Sometimes as a photographer, you don't see what you caught until you go home.  As I was just going for lighting, I didn't really care what I got, I just wanted to see if the exposures would work.

As I got home and looked at the images, again, I am just looking for lighting and composition, so I'm not paying much attention to the content.  However, as my daughter is looking over my shoulder she spots her friend in the shot.  I go back to the image and we bust out laughing!!!  This girl is an actress on all levels.  She's all about the fun, and can't miss a moment to show it.

The funny thing about the picture is, the teacher was working really hard to get his point across.  He was showing foot placement and trying to give the information substance.  I was very impressed as I listened to him try to get his point across.  Unfortunately, as some of the information's quality comes with life experience that these girls don't yet have; this is what we get.....


His words will sink in eventually, I'm sure. Just not tonite

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment