Saturday, January 14, 2012

Girls night out

I'm up alone.  Last night was a fun night for all.  Chris got a night off, Aspen went to a "dance" (it's really bouncing around that the gym) and Avery and I had a movie night.  Just me and my little girl.

We ran late so we decided to have dinner at the theater.  Never done that before, and wasn't looking forward to it.  But the girls had dance yesterday so we started out late.

As we got to the theater, I always park in the back and away from the theater.  As soon as I got out of my car, the cops pulled in behind my car.  They didn't say a word to me. Like an animal making a kill, their eyes were fixed on something and I tried to figure out what it was.  Both cops got out and left the car running.  Stealthily, they walked toward one of the buildings, and when I looked up, my eyes got bigger.....BofA!!!  CRAP....there's a robbery or something!!!

I scooted Avery away as fast as I could (while also taking in as much as I could) and as we headed toward the theaters we realized the place was surrounded by cops.  But the interesting thing was they made no sound.  They were literally like snakes waiting for the mouse to come in it's biting range.

We took a good few minutes to get to the theater and as we heard no bullets and no one screaming, I surmised it was resolved quietly.

We ordered our tickets for "We Bought a Zoo" and went inside.  There were tons of people, but we got through to the concession stand and ordered or "crap food" for the movie.

As we sat down and I took my first bite of the hot dog, I was pleasantly surprised.  Nathan's Hot Dogs ROCK!  (and I am NOT a hot dog fan). 

The movie was really cute.  A little too serious for Avery, and the first time I started getting emotional I heard her say, "I knew it!" (cuz I always cry).  But there were just enough moments for her to laugh as well.  The cast was perfect; the little boy looked like a mini Matt Damon.  And the little girl looked like a little Avery!  (Can't go wrong with red hair and brown eyes).  She was a witty little thing too.  I wanted to keep her for myself!

After the movie we went over to the book store.  (It's a dad thing....he loved books I love them too.  Only he actually read them when he bought them...but whatever).

Avery found a few that I agreed on and we got them. 

Then we went to pick up Aspen.  She got to go to a gym that has "open hours" for play.  They call this time slot a "dance".  It's for 6th graders and older. 

When I got there to pick her up, the place was full of kids.  Most were bouncing on the equipment, but the whole place was dark with dancing lights as the only illumination.  I wouldn't have been able to find Aspen unless I whistled my "call", or grabbed every kid to see their face.  Parents lined the walls waiting to pick up (as it was closing in 5 minutes).  Thankfully Aspen's friend crossed my path and I asked her to find my child.  Aspen came running in seconds.  I was ready for a fight (which I would have let her win to stay the last 5), but she was ready to go.  She had a great time and I must say, I was a little jealous they don't have this for adults!!  :-(

We went home and snuggled in my bed.  We started watching a movie and all fell asleep.
I got to have a slumber party with my girls.  It was so awesome!

They are still sleeping now, and probably will for a while. 

Chris fell asleep downstairs (because he knew he'd been kicked out) and he's still sleeping too. 

The best part of all....I looked at our calendar to see what was up....and it's completely blank this weekend.  I'm not even sure where to start with that.

Except perhaps breakfast!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment