Friday, January 6, 2012

Ideas a'brewin'!!!!!!

I'm feeling creative juices flowing.  My mind swirls with possibilities. 

I want to do a creative photo shoot with dancers and stage makeup and an obscure background.  It would have to be on location somewhere, and as yet, I'm not sure where.

I am piecing together something fun.

I'm still finding my niche in photography.  Families, kids, and events will always be in my agenda, however, I really want to branch out. 

With my schedule, it's hard to get creative.  Creativity takes time.  For some people it's just "there".  But for me, it takes time to cultivate and brew.  Unfortunately, with my "Squirrel" mentality, it takes me longer than others.

However, I have always been attracted to theatrics.  Colors, patterns, makeup....they excite me beyond belief. 

From an early age, I played with makeup.  It was always spread on my floor in front of my wardrobe mirror.  I used to sit on the floor for hours playing with the different colors.  I guess you could say I have a knack for it. 

But last year, something kind of clicked.  I have been playing inside the box and I need to start expanding and pulling out of my comfort zone. 

And.....I need "victims".   Someone who isn't afraid to step up and play and possibly have it all fail.

I think I will be picking a date and I will start collecting my staff.  I need a makeup artist (I have one in mind, just need to see if she's available), a hair person,  a few dancers, a bunch of costumes and some assistants.

Sounds big.  Sounds intimidating.  But more importantly sounds FUN!!!!

It's been on my mind long enough that it's time I pull it out.

Yes, I'm thinking "in Blog" and you are my witness.
My point in all of this is if something has been nagging at you quietly for a long time, start thinking about it more and working towards making it happen.

No one said it would be easy.  But it would be worth it.

Happy Friday!

I'm gonna make sure this idea brews over until it's done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment