Monday, January 23, 2012

Movie night (for me....)

I watched a movie last night that started out slow and I found myself debating whether or not to continue.  I hate wasting time on a bad movie.

But as I was playing scrabble on my Ipad, I figured I would just wait it out.

Kind of a typical movie; Husband, wife, kids.  Wife is a medium shot building her way up to a big shot and the family has to pay the price in the meantime....

Something always has to give!  But the question was.....what's it gonna be?

Usually there is a love triangle and things get ugly.  When I watch a movie where kids are involved, I cringe a bit, because I play the fall out in my mind and wonder if I want to continue watching the movie.

But I waited it out anyway.  It was a slow building movie; and the "Tri" in the triangle was Pierce Brosnan....happy to wait this one out!

In the end, after the many broken promises to the family, the mom decides her family is most important, get this....without every breaking her vows.

Very tastefully done. 

She chose her family and made some very tough decisions and stood up for herself to her boss for the sake of saving face with her family.

It made me so happy that this movie took the high road.  I loved that all her priorities came in order and I loved how her commentary through the movie (which I didn't like at first) explained her inner thoughts.  Thoughts we all have about balance and am I doing the right thing!!!

Peoples priorities tend to get out of whack, because their ego gets so big, they forget to actually stop and look around.  They are so devoted to their inner joy,  that they forget who they are taking out in the process.

During this movie, she struggled a lot.  And it took her a while to come to her own conclusion.

Would I watch it again?? Probably not.  The point was made and I'm happy with the movie.  It gave me the perspective I needed.  I just wish more people would come to that conclusion before the damage is done.

Happy Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment