Saturday, January 7, 2012

The family wall

I'm up.   I don't wanna be....

On Saturdays I'm like a teenage girl.  I want to sleep in!  But I offered to help out at work for a few hours and so here I am.

I would like to say I got enough sleep, I was out way before 11 and up at 7.  That's at least 8 hours.  But my body feels like it could have used more.  Maybe 5 more minutes would have helped.

I think something hit us all last night, because as we were sitting at dinner, we all seemed to hit the wall.  Aspen was resting her head on the wall of the restaurant, Avery was fidgety, Chris had no patience for anything and I could literally feel myself fading by the second.  By the time we left the restaurant I couldn't wait to get home and get my pjs on and hunker under a blanket.

The girls went upstairs, never left their rooms and when I passed by at 9pm, the were both out.  I was IN bed by 9:30 and faded off somewhere after 10.  Very weird.

I think you just need a down day sometimes.   I know we just had "vacation" and maybe that contributed to everyone's exhaustion.  With the weeks events ended, we could finally breathe a sigh of relief.  And we all did it together.

But this morning we are all gearing back up.  The girls have an Ortho appointment, and I have to work.

This afternoon will be play time for us.  Chris will be gone and I'm going to steal them away to play.

I don't mind getting the necessary things done; but if it isn't balance with a little bit of play, then whats the point?

Happy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment