Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Alarming awakening....

Nothing like getting woken up at 5:30am to a weird smell in the house. 

I was sleeping soundly, and all of a sudden I see Chris at the door looking around.  I didn't know what time it was - just that I shouldn't be up just yet!  I asked him what was up and he said, "Something is burning".  So we ran through the house in a bit of a panic.  The alarms weren't going off, so I was thinking gas leak (even though we have carbon monoxide detectors).

Turns out our DVR couldn't take it anymore and committed suicide.  We are sad.  It will be missed.  And WE will live to see another day!!!

It's always hard to go back to sleep when you have to be awake in an hour.  Your sleep is never the same and you wake up groggier than you were an hour earlier.

I would like to say we all bounced out of  bed in anticipation of our regular routine schedules.  However, the best I can say is we are up!

Avery is usually always first.  She can't wait to get to her day.  It's like there is a party out in the world and it can't start until she arrives.   She loves her friends and definitely thrives on the social aspect of life!!!

Aspen is a little more introspective.  She knows she will get there when she gets there and she will evaluate the situation when she does.  She's not going to worry about it before and she isn't going to dwell on it afterwards.  (Just like her daddy!!!)

It's funny how you can snap back into your routine.  The last few weeks have been an amazing and wonderful time (well, for me anyways).  I actually took a few days off (completely) and enjoyed the day.

It's hard letting go, but it's hard getting back into it.

But I'm excited to get to work and be back on a structured schedule!
Hopefully, you all are feeling the same!

Happy Monday! (Well, Tuesday.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment