Sunday, January 22, 2012

Responsibilities! To each his own.

All day dance workshop for the girls and they are still in bed. With no concept of time, they will soon be scrambling about screaming at each other or me, doing their best to get their lunches made and breakfast eaten.

If I were a good mom, I would be making them breakfast instead of sitting here writing, but I am not.

There are certain things my kids need to be responsible for, and one thing is prepping for their day. How will they ever get a conch of time if I am doing everything for them. And yes, they have gone to school on occasion with either a small snack for lunch or no lunch at all.

When I was growing up, it was all on us. Our parents worked and couldn't be bothered to ready 5 kids. Sink or swim. I live by the same belief today.

Chris scratches his head at my hands off approach as his mother catered to his every need and sniffle. He thinks I am a meany at times and will try to step in. Notice the use of the word try....

There are times I call him Mr Fussbucket.

It's a bigger picture when your kids have to suffer consequences. Immediate response is always unpleasant but the lifelong less is the key. Give a mana fish, he eats for a day. TEACH a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.

So my cookies are now baked, the girls are moving about the house and now it's my turn to get ready.

All I need to do now, is close out my blog.

Happy Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment