Saturday, July 2, 2011

Not yet rated.....

Good morning, buenos dias, bon jour and the like......

I am feeling snazzy this morning.   I feel like life is breathing its way back into me.  I'm feeling a joy I haven't been able to feel for a while, because it has been stifled by stress!

Last night we (the girls and I) decided to have a Phantom of the Opera night.  This is a night where we *(usually) light candles, eat popcorn and sing all the songs off key until our throats hurt.  It's not just a movie; it's a ritual!

I love watching the looks on the characters faces.  I can feel their emotion and actually connect to it.  I love Christine's voice.  I love the Phantom's eyes.  The mystery, the desire....the pain......the possibility......

Something about this movie connects me to a school girl’s passion.  As I watch Christine and the Phantom on the steps, just before he rips her ring from the chain on her neck.....there is a moment of possibility.  They are entranced.....away for a moment....in another world.  Their breathing is fast and shallow….and as I watch…so is mine!

For that moment, I am there with them.  Looking into his eyes, wondering what life might be like, if we were together.  In a dream.....it's wonderful.....warm.....evocative......yummy.......

…..Then, the chain is pulled, the trance is broken, and he is off in a fit of rage.  Reality is back.

Every time we watch that movie, I talk my girls through the emotions and what he must be feeling. 

I think as time goes on, our feelings are more "stuffed", and moments like this are too few.   So, to find a movie that sucks you in and holds your heart....is a good find.  And though my girls don't yet understand all the emotion I explain to them....one day they will.  And my words will remind them, and when they watch the movie as they get older, they will get it on a different level.  (But hopefully not for many years!!!)

After the movie, I sent them to bed and went upstairs myself.  I decided to turn on another movie, as I wasn't totally tired.  I decided to watch Burlesque

Can I just say, that when I am trying to go to sleep, I can't watch something that is too stimulating (mentally), because then I have a hard time going to sleep. 

Burlesque wasn't the best "before bed" movie for me to watch. 

Again, I was entranced.  I adore Christina Aguilera and her dreamy blue eyes.  Her voice is like no other; and the chemistry between her and the bar guy......let's just say, WOW.

I must have been in need of escaping reality, because these movies just sucked me in.

I finally turned it off about halfway through.  And when I woke up this morning, I decided to watch the rest. 

The characters were all well chosen.  I happened to LOVE Stanley Tucci, Cher, Juliana Hough, the guy who played Marcus (yum again), and the gaze that the bar guy gave to Christina, every time he looked at her.

WOW.........Did anyone ever look at me like that???  I'm too old and tired to remember.  

So, to have a movie (or two) that remind you of that connection....that desire.....is a wonderful thing to set you right again!

It's not very often I get to sit down and watch ONE movie, let alone two.  And to have two movies filled with emotion, desire, ......well.....hunger........

Let's just say, I'm in a good mood!  (getyourmindoutofthegutters).........

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment