Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Back to the Grind

Ever hear the term, "Hit the ground, running"?

Well that is what it feels like I just did.  I walked through the front door and the stress was waiting there, like an old friend, waiting to sit right on my shoulders.  Let the fun begin.

First thing I got to do was tell my husband I couldn't make it to the movies with my kids and all the Norwegian cousins.  Work awaits, the clock is ticking and the work piled up when I was gone.  It happens, ya know?

All of a sudden, the heat of the desert wasn't so bad........

But now that my nose is to the grindstone, I'm going to push it for all its worth.  My schedule is long, but I have a chisel and vow to chip away at all that sits on my desk.

As of this morning, I have finished editing the wedding I shot a few weeks back, and another cast from the recital is uploading as we speak.  If I could just stop my computer from crashing, that would be a great thing, but I'm guessing that is not in my immediate future.

With all the stress of my schedule, my family has done their best to be nice about my inability to be around.  However, I'm starting to feel like it's all not okay......  Words are slipping and their grasp on 'understanding' is getting looser.....  

And if there were anything I could do, I would.  But at this time, there is no one to hand over my work to.  And to criticise me for the way that I do my job only makes me more aware that my absence is not okay.

I'm doing my best.

So, with that, I will head to San Diego today to be with my cousins and family.  I will have one full day to hang out and 'chill'.  I would like to say I'm totally looking forward to it......

All this comes down to right now, is timing.  The timing has been such that this is my heaviest workload time.  There are months where I have nothing on my plate.  Literally nothing.  But now is not that time.

Again, this is no complaint on my life.  I would rather have this situation than be wondering where my next job is coming from.  It's just the timing was off.....

So, today, when I am sitting with everyone, I will thoroughly enjoy myself, because I adore my cousins and sister and nephews and nieces.  It's going to be a great day.

Tomorrow, I will put on that stress load again...and put my nose to the grindstone with chisel in hand chipping away at what I have left to do.  And I will get through it all.  Not even a thought, there.  It's just a matter of when!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment