Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hard lessons

It would appear that something got misplaced on our trip. A phone.
It wasn't my phone, it was Aspens. She passed it off to me at some point and I don't remember where I last saw it. Watching after her phone wasn't on my mind.

But now that we are home - it is. And we can't find it. Now, we are stressing a bit. It wasn't long ago that we lost my phone, which was an unfortunate fiasco in and of itself. I am still hoping the new owner chokes on it somehow.

I had no idea what a pain these phone companies are. Apparently, when I lost my phone Chris had to do a song and dance and promise his first born to get a new one. Not to mention, add another line to the plan. (Which is one more line than we actually need.) Now, with the possibility of losing another phone....we may have to auction off the other child.....

Kids have no idea the hoops parents jump through to make things happen. When I have to work, all they know is mommy isn't home. When we say no, that means we are unreasonable.

But at some point, a lesson has to be learned. And sometimes that lesson has to hurt just a little bit to hit home. The hardest part of parenting is knowing when that moment is.

When Chris first asked about the phone, she answered that I had it. She didn't have much care. But as we couldn't find it and the pressure mounted....so should have her concern. But it didn't. Then the frustration started building.

So did the consequences......

It appears there must be something taken away to feel the weight of the issue. As the night went on, the weight got heavier.

But what punishment fits what crime? Yet another parental dilemma.

Was it her fault for not following it, or mine for not paying attention?

As we were so overwhelmed with events when 'said' phone went missing, it literally could have been misplaced at any time. The phone only becomes important when we can't find it. Which happens to be now.

At this moment a birthday party and Disney pass are at stake. As a result, the location of the phone has become increasingly important.

With any luck, and a lot of searching - we will find it.....but at what cost?

If you see a Samsung phone with a black and blue cover, let us know....but until then pray for birthday parties and Disney passes!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment