Saturday, July 23, 2011

Humbled and moving forward

Up at 6am on a Saturday.....yay me!

I tried to go back to sleep, but it was useless.

Today was going to be a free day for me, but I offered my services to help clean a house that is being shortsaled. It has fallen through twice already, and in it's current state doesn't
qualify for an FHA loan, so some things need to be fixed and cleaned. So.......I am going to help. I am taking my girls with me.

I would rather be cleaning and organizing my own home, but things come up, and this sale is very important so there is no question.

It has been left in a 'cut and run' state. Left behind. Moved out of to move on, if you will.

I can see why. Who wants to look back, right? If you are leaving your house for short sale, chances are, you didn't want to leave in the first place.

I know many people going through this, and they feel like failures. It is a very painful lesson to learn that we only have so much control. But the truth is, we only have so much control. There is no way around it.

We can't control what happens to us, but we can control our reaction to it. And I think your reaction comes down to how much support, and or faith you have.

In recent years, there has been a lot more focus on priorities. A house is a house....but family is real. Friends are real. God is real.

We have had some support ourselvles. Some emotional, some financial. Any support received is a humbling experience. One should be humbled at least once a month on some level. Honestly.

When one is humbled, they are forced to look around and outside of themselves. I am blessed to be humbled.

Yesterday, my sisters country, Norway, was rocked by bombs and terror. They just got home this last week. What a welcoming. I can't imagine how devastated she must feel to be home, safe.....and have this happen in her back door.

I am sure she felt as we did, when Timothy McVeigh bombed Oklahoma city many years ago - before 9-11 really rocked our world.

At these times, we can't help but look at our loved ones and hold them tighter and kiss them more. At these times, we do. But we need to do it more, and not only at 'these times'.

We need to create more times to look outside ourselves and appreciate and be humbled.

Today, I will be humbled while cleaning out this house. I will be joyful with my girls and my friend. I will blast the music loud (probably to Burlesque) and we will sing at the top of our lungs, and I will make this day count!

Find a way to be humbled today. It's a good place to be.

Happy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment