Friday, April 20, 2012

To be political or not???

I am not political.  I will catch up on politics of Jon Stewart is talking about it, but otherwise...no!

This drives my mother crazy!
I think since my dad died 12 years ago, she hasn't really had anyone to "spar" with.  Except my husband.....and my best friend.  But I'm useless to them too, because I don't follow politics and I don't care!  When we all get in the car together, going somewhere,  you will find me in the furthest back seat with my headphones on, so they can go about their business!!

I refuse to get my panties in a wad over something I cannot control.

I'm not saying I don't have opinions; but I don't have time to park myself in front of CNN and The O'Reilly Factor  like my mother.

So when she and my husband get together, Chris knows exactly how to push my moms buttons to get her going.  When the whole Palin thing was fresh, he would merely lean over and said, "PALIN" and off they would go, like two horses at a horse race.

Now Chris takes politics with a grain of salt.  When he talks it's with a tsk tsk tsk, where as my mom is out for blood!!

I remember Chris' mom was at the table one day when Chris got my mom going.  My mom went off so much, that I watched Chris' moms eyes get really big as she slowly stepped further away.  She didn't move quickly, mind you.  My mom was going off for quite a few minutes.  But Lonell was pretty surprised at the language mom was using.....and lets just say she didn't stick around long!!

When my mom gets so passionate; Chris just laughs.  LOUDLY!!

He gets a kick out of watching my mom nearly stroke out at things she can't control.

I swear, when my mom and dad were together I don't remember hearing her political views.  He was such a presence, maybe she just kept her mouth shut.  I just remember after dad died, I called mom to get her advice on voting; and I wasn't prepared for her opinion.

My guess is, it's always been there.  But in her senior years, with her having more time to, lets say, "absorb" the news, she REALLY has an opinion!!!

She told me once that I shouldn't keep my head in the sand.

I told her if it's important enough, I will hear about it from somewhere.  But at this time, the things I would like to "absorb" are my girls and my husband. 

As it is, I can barely keep up on their politics....or drama as it were.

It's all about priorities. 

Happy Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment