Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pride and Integrity

PRIDE......INTEGRITY..........

FLEETING.....RARE.......


I was talking to a friend tonite about pride and integrity.  It turns out that most of us rarely (or rarer than "hoped") do we come across someone who has an abundance of pride and integrity in their work.

More often than not, we encounter those who do their best to "get by" and fly under the radar!!

Not too long ago, I went to a Jamba Juice in Huntington Beach.  When I walked in the door, I was greeted, immediately, by EVERYONE IN THE STORE!!! 

As I don't like a lot of attention, I almost withdrew.  But I stuck it out and stared at the board, looking for the drink of choice.  As I stood there, I was approached (another awkward moment) by a boy asking me if  I needed some help.   I told him, no; that I was just looking for something to give me punch of energy that was quick.  He gave me a couple of suggestions; one of which I accepted.

As I waited for my drink, I could see that the whole staff was in unison with their energy.  They were perfectly trained to work together.  I was starting to feel more comfortable.  Normally, I hate to have so much attention focused on me, but what I experienced here was more of an appreciation than anything else.  So I was a little encouraged, if you will.

As my drink was delivered to me, I was now feeling a part of "the family".    I felt comfortable there and was quite glad I walked in the door.  I left there wondering when I could come back!

How many places do you go to where you feel so "accepted"?  

Customer service IS important.  But this was beyond that.  It was a scenario where I felt welcomed and acknowledged.  I just loved it!!!

As much as I would like to think I don't care how I'm treated when I go somewhere; I can't deny how special I feel when I'm noticed.

And when someone REALLY cares about their job and what they do, it truly bleeds over into more than just their job!!

If you don't LOVE what you are doing, it will be felt.  And if you don't LOVE what you are doing, maybe you should realize that the outcome will never be what it could be if you truly loved what you were doing!!

That said; we don't all have the opportunity to LOVE what we are doing.  But if you don't, it might behoove you to find a way to find more value in it.  And when you do, you will see things change.

We don't all get to do what we love.....but we always have a choice in HOW we do what we do!!

And no matter how you "feel" about it.....it will be felt in the way you deliver it!!!

Work on that, would ya???


Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment