Thursday, April 5, 2012

Making time.

I am just not sure what to say today.  I’m tired, and my body is aching from shooting for 12-16 hours.  The equipment has worn on my body and now I’m content to just sit for the day.

It doesn’t help that I jammed my foot into some rocks and killed my toe.  Just so happens to be the same toe I broke many years ago.  You  know…the one that you can’t actually cast; you just have to suffer through it?  Ya….that one!  But whatever.  When you are having fun, who cares about pain, right???

The day was awesome.  Everything went as it should and it ended way too soon.  I can’t believe the build up to the day has already passed.  It seems so unfair that you put so much effort and coordination into one day…..and then it’s over.

Only the remnants will last for always.  There is no doubt about that! Friendships have been made, bonds created and great moments shared!!!

Yes….I am talking about a wedding.

Close family and friends joining together for the sake of a bride and groom; to share in their special day and rejoice with them.

It’s funny when people come together for the same cause, it’s really nice.  Focus is directed, energy is shared and peace is (usually) at hand.

I love watching the family dynamics.  You can see who is close and who is cordial.  It’s fun to witness.

Friends are all excited and ready to party.  It’s been years since some have been together. 

When families come together, the same thing tends to happen; a sense of regret for NOT getting together sooner.  We all wait for that ‘special’ occasion and it usually never happens.  And we don’t have the time to create that “special” occasion, so we scoot it aside and wait for big events like weddings, or even funerals to come together.

It’s sad.

We should realize that every day is special and all should be celebrated.

I know some people who make it a point to come together at least once a month.  And why shouldn’t we?  Usually, if it’s people we love, then we always have fun, right?  So why would we hold ourselves from having fun?

I know every week my mom and BFF get together for dinner.  And we always have fun, even if it’s just Chris annoying my mom with his political views. 

We really should make a point to come together more often.  It’s always worth it, and it reminds us that we all matter.

Because we all DO matter!
Happy Thursday


No comments:

Post a Comment