Friday, April 6, 2012

April Already???

Happy Good Friday!  Where is this year going?  I can’t believe we are in the first week of APRIL!!!!!

So, I have to ask this question…..WHAT HAVE YOU ACCOMPLISHED SO FAR THIS YEAR??? 

We all set out for goals and aspirations, but they are usually dashed within the first 6 weeks.  But what we SHOULD do, is revisit our goal s and ask, “Why did I abandon them?”  Or” What can I do to achieve them.”

We all think we are blessed with “forever” but the truth is you only have “right now”.

I keep hearing people make plans “After……”

After I get this promotion……

After the kids get older……

After the kids get out of school…….

After the kids get back IN school……

After I lose a few pounds……

I think it is important to realize the importance of NOW.  If you can’t do all of something, you can do a portion of something, can’t you?

I had aspirations too, and as I sit here, with it being  4 months into the year, I’m a bit disappointed in myself.  I completely blew off things I wanted to do.   And I’m looking back wondering when did I abandon myself?  And why?

A little of it is beliefs (or lack thereof) and some of it is “Squirrel” and some of it was I just didn’t know how to chunk it down to make better choices toward my goals.

But all is not lost.  I will take a look at my goals and plan 5 things a day that I can do to achieve my goals.  They don’t have to be big, they just have to be consistent.

So, today, I will start my list and no matter how big or small; as long as I have my goals in mind and I do my 5 things a day, I will get there eventually!

Today is a new day and today is all you have.  Make this day something you can be proud of!

Happy Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment